Saturday, November 14, 2015

Rumi

Yesterday was sort of blissful. School was fun, we watched a movie, and I went home.

And then I was told one of my best friends that I had known since kindergarten,
has a brain tumor. Apparently, she is going for surgery this Monday.

 I don't know if I believe in God or the Divine or anything at all, but if it is possible that someone can hear me up there, Please Help Rumi. She is my friend and I don't want to lose her. If anyone is reading this, maybe praying works. You don't have to. I won't force you to. But if praying works, then just sent some prayers to her. I will be praying too.

Thank you for everything,
Ahna

4 comments:

  1. Ahna, is this actually going on?! If so I'll say some prayers today...

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a famous Muslim poet who is also named Rumi. He is one of my favorites. Here are some words for you, from him: God turns you from one feeling to another and teaches by means of opposites, so that you will have two wings to fly, not one. ~Rumi, as interpreted by Camille and Kabir Helminski

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your breath touched my soul and I saw beyond all limits.
    -Rumi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you. All of the quotes, all of the people who don't know her and yet will pray for her because she needs it. Thank you. <3

    ReplyDelete